Criss-crossed by four major interstates and four Class I rail lines, the five-county Kansas City region offers direct connections to some of the fastest-growing markets in America. Cerner, Hallmark and H&R Block call this area home, with more companies joining in the mix all the time. Kansas City and its suburbs are particularly strong in advanced manufacturing, energy, data and bio. Companies in the area represent 75 percent of worldwide sales of animal health products.
Businesses considering a KC location are often surprised by its vibrant quality of life. Downtown and midtown entertainment and shopping districts contribute to the workday dynamic for many. Jazz and barbeque round out the picture, making the region a Midwest tourist hub.
Kansas City and its suburbs share the wealth – and value - of a Missouri location
- Low business costs and taxes
- A large, high-value work force
- A low cost of living
- A strong transportation network
- Interstates 70, 29, 35 and 49, and US highways 40, 50 and 69
- Class I rail via KCS, NS, BNSF, CP and UP
- Kansas City International Airport
- Missouri River access