Did you know Kansas City is part of The Greater Kansas City Foreign Trade Zone (GKCFTZ), which handles more volume than the Chicago, Dallas, Denver, and Minneapolis FTZs?
The GKCFTZ was recently featured in Business Xpansion Journal as part of its Industry Outlook article on Ports and Foreign Trade Zones. The in-depth article discusses the following benefits of FTZ programs:
- FTZs can lower production, transactions, and logistics costs through lower duty rates, special entry procedures, and encouraging local production.
- FTZs can save businesses time because goods can be transported directly to the designated zone, bypassing customs.
Read more about the economic benefits of foreign trade zones in the July/August issue of Business Xpansion Journal beginning on page 4.
To learn more about Foreign Trade Zones in the KC region, click here.
Did you know Ace Hardware is expanding to Missouri?
We shared the news in June, and Business Xpansion featured the story in its latest issue in its Industry News section. Here are some highlights:
- Ace Hardware Corporation announced plans to open a new Retail Support Center (RSC) in Kansas City, Missouri.
- The new facility, spanning approximately 1.5 million sq. ft., is expected to create 350 new jobs.
- Spanning more than 1.5 million square feet, it will be almost double the size of the typical Ace RSC and serve as the inaugural establishment in the innovative KCI 29 Logistics Park, created by Hunt Midwest.
To read Business Xpansion’s coverage of the Ace Hardware expansion, click here.