Missouri offers some of the lowest utility costs in the country as well as state and local tax burdens that are well below the national average. And lower costs mean more money left over for more important things, like growth.
According to the Tax Foundation, Missouri has:
- The 6th best property tax index in the U.S.
- The 6th best unemployment insurance tax index in the U.S.
- The 8th best corporate income tax index in the U.S.
- A better overall tax climate for business than most of its surrounding states, including Kansas, Illinois, Iowa and Oklahoma.
Learn more about taxes in Missouri.
- Missouri had the 11th lowest average commercial electricity costs in 2012, at 8.16 cents/kWh (EIA).
- Missouri had the 13th lowest average industrial electricity costs in 2012, at 5.85 cents/kWh (EIA).
- Missouri ranked 6th overall for business energy costs including electricity and fuel by the Small Business and Entrepreneurship Council in 2011.
Click here to download an electricity cost comparison of Missouri and surrounding states.