The auto industry is growing in Missouri. Here's why:
- Missouri has a robust manufacturing sector with the resources to major automotive OEMs. Ford and GM both recently announced expansions in Missouri, investing over $1.5 billion and adding 4,000 jobs.
- Missouri's low-cost, pro-business environment helps companies prosper. Missouri is tax-friendly, with low property and corporate income tax, and no tax on inventories. It has been a top 10 pro-business state for five years in a row (Pollina Corporate Real Estate, 2014).
- Missouri's got talent! Missouri's labor force of nearly 3 million exceeds the entire populations of 20 states (BLS and U.S. Census Bureau, 2012) and nearly 5,000 degrees in engineering related fields are awarded each year in the state (NCES).
- Missouri puts you close to customers and suppliers. Missouri's central location provides efficient access to both coasts. Missouri is within 600 miles of 50% of U.S. households, 52% of U.S. manufacturing establishments and seven of the fastest-growing metros in the country (U.S. Census Bureau).
- Missouri's top-ranked transportation network can get your product to market faster, cheaper. Missouri has one of the largest and least congested transportation networks in the United States, with two of the largest U.S. rail terminals, offering access to East and West Coasts. Missouri also offers low-cost, year-round shipping to international markets via the Mississippi River.
These factors matter to companies that want to advance and expand. And the Missouri Partnership can help you do that. Call us today at 314.725.0949 and talk to one of our Vice Presidents of Business Recruitment about living and working in the state of Missouri. Then click around our site to learn more. Here are a few links to get you started: