Animal Health companies locate in Missouri. Here's why:
- Missouri has the right business environment for animal health companies. Major animal health companies in Missouri include Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Mars Petcare, and Nestlé Purina PetCare. Nearly one -third (32%) of the $19 billion global animal health industry is represented in the Kansas City animal health corridor.
- Missouri’s state of the art research centers support companies in bringing their discoveries from the laboratory to the market. The University of Missouri at Columbia is home to the first research center to clone and sequence the DNA of pigs (National Swine Resources and Research Center), and one of the two largest research animal diagnostic laboratories in the U.S. (IDEXX Research Animal Diagnostic Laboratory).
- Missouri has the right workforce to sustain animal health companies.The bioscience industry in Missouri is comprised of over 3,500 companies employing nearly 50,000 Missourians (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2013).
- Missouri’s top-ranked educational institutions draw unparalleled talent. The University of Missouri at Columbia is one of only a few universities in the United States with schools of medicine, agriculture, and veterinary medicine on one campus; the Metropolitan Community College in Kansas City recently received $2.2 million to develop programs to prepare the region's workforce for in-demand careers, including new and expanded degrees and certificates in pet care and animal research.
- Missouri has some of the best and least congested transportation infrastructure in the United States, with the 6th largest public road and highway system, 2 of the largest rail terminals, the northernmost ice-free ports and the southernmost lock and dam on the Mississippi river, and 2 major international airports.
These factors matter to companies that want to advance and expand. And the Missouri Partnership can help you do that. Please call us today at 314.725.0949 and talk to one of our recruiters about living and working in the state of Missouri. Then click around our site to learn more. Here are a few links to get you started: