The financial services industry is growing in Missouri. Here's why:
1. Missouri is an established leader in financial services: As the home to the headquarters for three of the top banks in the nation and two Federal Reserve Banks, Missouri earned the distinction of being Moneyrates.com's "best state for banking" in 2014.
2. Missouri is extremely tax-friendly: the state's franchise tax will be phased out by 2016, and it has the 7th best property tax index and the 4th best corporate income tax index in the nation. Property tax abatements are also available for qualifying companies.
3. Quality Workforce: Missouri has more than 10,000 licensed CPAs, more than 900 registered members of the CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) Institute, and more than 230,000 workers employed in positions relevant to the financial services industry.
4. Central location: Located in the middle of the U.S., Missouri allows companies to stretch their work days to service customers on both coasts, and the state is within 600 miles of half the households in the country.
5. Solid infrastructure: Numerous Tier 1 providers have a strong presence throughout Missouri with over 2,000 miles of fiber combined. Future improvements to Missouri's connectivity include AT&T's Internet GigaPower service, soon to be available in St. Louis, and the new Google Fiber small business service in Kansas City.
Download this extended brochure for a complete guide to financial services.
Click here to download.
If you would like more information about business in Missouri or the financial services industry, contact us using the form below.